Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six to eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Barrett or Dr. Higley prior to your surgical date for instructions.
What are others saying about us?
"Friendly yet professional is all aspects. Was expecting lot more trauma when removing two teeth. Pain quickly subsided after surgery with hardly any swelling. Staff pleasant and answered all questions."
"Man! There are not enough words to describe how awesome the staff, nurses and Dr. Barrett were today! I had a very painful tooth that needed to be extracted and they took excellent care of me! Everyone was so helpful and kind. From appointments to follow-up, they know how to take care of their patients. They won’t disappoint. Thank you West Texas Oral and Facial Surgery Care for taking sure good care of me."